Mid-coast shout out

I was so excited to see this on the Third Coast Surf Shop blog:


I am 99% sure that's my old surf spot on the lovely shores of Indiana, where I honed my skills and got stoked surfing in the snow.  Yes, I really miss it (even though I definitely complain that it is too cold to surf in the morning when it's below 50 here. Where did my winter skin go?!). 

It seems the Chicago chapter of the Surfrider Foundation has put together a freakin' awesome 2011 calendar, so if you don't have a way to keep track of what day it is yet, you should probably buy one before you move on to any other website.  Also, they are doing a free screening of Unsalted at Patagonia on Clybourn on February 27; this would be a fun, eye-opening (assuming you don't surf the lakes right now), free event to check out for those of you in Chicago.  You can check out the trailer here.

Comments

Popular Posts