sunny salutations!


liz gresey, one of my best friends, posted the image above on her blog. she's quite a talent and a big inspiration to me. we always push each other to go further.

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been preoccupied with non photo activities such as wedding and honeymoon planning, home improvements, and general life. After spending much of May and June preparing for my show at Eric Phelger Gallery, I was burned out on photography and planned to take a short break... which has turned into a few months.

Being burned out on photography also meant that I completely unplugged from my favorite blogs, photographers, and my sources of inspiration. Feeling tired of wedding websites this afternoon, I decided to return to my old favorites and in just a few clicks I am feeling renewed and excited about art again! One thing that I noticed, and am really surprised by, is the number of "Please excuse my lack of blogging" posts on SO MANY of my blogs! Here I am, beating myself up about being a slacker, just to realize that I am as normal as all the other artists that I look to. My feelings of guilt are gone. Hooray! Joy!

The purpose of this post is really just to give a shout out to the people I love who give me inspiration. I hope that clicking around will give you some inspiration too.


My favorite person in the world, Greg, always finds ways to inspire me. Most recently, he inspired me to throw myself down a gigantic slip-n-slide made by our awesomely creative friends in a local park. That's Greg on the left, with his face covered in soap after he went face first down the slide. Greg doesn't have a website, but here is a link to a site that he loves.



Photo by Jamie Watson, author of Pineapple Luv. Has been my #1 favorite blog for quite some time now! Check her out.




I grabbed this image from Pineapple Luv, but I posted it here to represent my love for all things Maine. I have never been there, but know in my heart I'd really like to live there someday. Lots of Maine links in the Inspiration section to your right... this is one of my favorite recent Maine posts.




Gennine's Art Blog makes me so happy and excited to be creative. I want to go home and play with paint right now!


I am far from a fashionista, but the Sartorialist makes interesting portraits and also inspires me to dress a little better.

Stephanie is another one of my best friends and photo buddies. we've exchanged hundreds of photo emails, pushing each other to think and experiment and try something new. i love my friends. check out her work here.


Alright... I've been working on this post on and off for over an hour. There are so many more I could name, but at this point it's beginning to feel forced... in another post I will honor them.

I leave with you a list of things I am inspired to do. Maybe I will actually do them, since I told you I would:
  1. schedule some photo shoots to continue sirens
  2. learn to grow some of my own food
  3. start photographing my cooking adventures, even if the lighting in my kitchen is horrendous
  4. make an inspiration board
  5. go to maine!
  6. clean up more clutter
hasta luego, amigos.

Comments

Greg Lantz said…
You will have a full Maine report in September and then we can plan a trip there. I'll take lots of photos. Thanks for the nice words!
Ashley said…
Crazy...... we were just talking about Maine last night! I can't wait to see Greg's pics from there!
I'm glad your back to blogging, I needed one more thing to distract me from my homework :)
YOU ROCK!!!!
Geninne said…
Thank you so much Liz :) I can't wait to see your inspiration board!
There is so much inspiration out there, thank God for the internet!
Hugs.
Candace said…
You'll love Maine, it is absolutely beautiful! If it weren't for the winters, I'd already be gone! Glad to see you're back at blogging!!
Steve and I would love to visit to Maine, too!
Thanks for sharing. . .
We love you Liz!
Cher and Steve
i've been wanting to start my own veggie garden for entirely way to long now. just this afternoon, i was discussing with the mister about my desire to rework our garden. let me know if ya wanna research and learn how to grow yummy veggies together. food and antiques can go together right? :)
Anonymous said…
Liz, I am glad you are up for sharing on your blog again. Luckily we get to be friends in person. But I do have to say: you have a way online that cuts through all the out of body and intangible parts of it. You share concepts and images that build instead of broadcast.

Until the next time we meet in person,
Meegan
Greg Lantz said…
special report: maine is amazing. i only had a little taster and i can confidently say we need to spend 1 week minimum there.
Sean said…
Funny how your photography feature in Surfer's Journal is nestled nearby a full length photo/essay writeup on Maine?

What is the universe telling you?
Hey Liz! Glad you dug reading about our farm stay.

If you ever come out to Maine for a visit, please drop us a line, we live a stones toss from some great atlantic peelers.

Katrine & Peter

Popular Posts