Firewood






This might look like an ordinary unicycle and firewood pile, but don't let appearances fool you.  Goslar, of the towns we visited in Germany, is located right on the border of what used to be East and West Germany.  It's been nearly a year since I was in Goslar, so Quint, please forgive me if I get this wrong, but as I understood it, there was a tree line kilometers long that defined the border.  When Germany was reunified, they cut the trees/border down, and now they are piled at my friend Quint's house and they kept us warm during our visit.  It thought it was very impressive to have something so historical and symbolic available as firewood. And also pretty great to burn something that literally once divided a country.

The unicycle's got nothing to do with it, except it shows how cool Quint is - he's got history AND unicycles.  Awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts