Coastline




  

Here are some more images from our first jaunt into Portugal, taken just down the coast from Vila Real de Santo Antonio. I think the town was called Monte Gordo, but I'm not 100% on that.  It was really interesting to see the forest pretty much right up against the sea.

I think I miss the ocean so much when I'm not near it that my mind completely shoos it away to prevent me from being too sad. I don't think about too much while I'm out in the streets of a city, but as soon as I see the sea, I'm overwhelmed to the point of tears and I just want cry, laugh, splash and surf.  This happened to me when I took these photos, which was the first time I saw the ocean since we left San Diego, and has happened to me every time I've seen the coast since! Most recently in Manarola, Italy.  Damn I love the water.  We'll be on the coast of Morocco for about 18 days within a week or so and I can't wait.

On another note, do these pictures look really blue to you? I am posting from a less-than-desirable laptop and I don't trust the color as far as I can throw it. It'll be good to get back to my calibrated Mac eventually :)

Comments

Popular Posts