American food?

Part of the fun of this trip is that I'm learning a new recipe in each country, taught to me by a local resident. I want to teach them something "American" in return but have realized that a lot of the food I eat is Asian, Mexican, European, etc! What is "American" food? Roasted chicken, meat loaf, mashed potatoes, hot dogs, hamburgers...they have all that here. 

Chili is one I can think of...and so far Apple Crisp has been my fall back, but many people don't have an oven here so I can't rely on that all the time.

Got any suggestions for some simple (as in basic ingredients) American dishes I can share with Europe?  Of course I'll keep racking my brain but I'd love to have your input.  Appetizers and desserts get bonus points! Send me an email or leave a comment on this post.  

And for some totally un-American food:

Breakfast in Spain: Churros. Heartclogging and delicious.



Not for decoration: Jamon Iberico. These are all over the place in Spain.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. I can't tell you how much I love cafe con leche.

Comments

Well, i don't know about the others but a cup of tea or coffee ends the meal well, just like you finished your post with it.
~Anthony

Popular Posts