Happy Thanksgiving!

I've gotta tell you, it's weird to be traveling during Thanksgiving. Being the lover of family and food that I am, it's strange to think I won't be seated at big table with the people I love, eating, drinking and being generally merry.  Now, I will be seated at a small table with the person I love the most, so that is still something pretty special :)  We'll have chicken instead of turkey, sweet potato biscuits, and maybe something Spanish in honor of our current home.

Since Thanksgiving is all about gratitude and food, I thought I'd share a little bit of both here. I'm so grateful to be able to make a long-time dream come true, and that I have someone to share it with.  I'm also grateful that we have the support of our family and friends - amazingly, not one person poo-pooed us and said it was a bad idea.  I'm thankful for all the welcoming people we've met along the way, and for so many other things...COBRA, my health, my parents for teaching me to save money so I could spend it all in Europe ;)  

I'm also so thankful for food. I love to eat and it's been so fun exploring a new culture through the cuisine.  Here are some of the MANY snapshots I've taken on the trip. Although they're not all *technically* great images I want to share them anyway. Why circles you ask? Tapas are mostly served on circular dishes. I thought the shape would bring you one step closer to being here. 

Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!!!


















Comments

Lola said…
Love the pics!!! Some of them look familiar to me...hehehe!!Have a good and safe trip to Belgium, Holland and Germany! Lola

Popular Posts