Sept 28, 2005

I was going through my old pictures and came across these from an epic day of surf in Gary, Indiana.  That's right. An Epic Day in Gary.  I vividly remember waking up in what felt like the middle of the night so I could drive the 60 miles to this spot and be in the water at the first hint of sunrise.  It was slightly offshore and probably 3-4 on the best sets! Bonus: the water wasn't freezing yet...got to wear a 3/2!  





This was one of a handful of times I ever saw other surfers in the water. I really regret not ditching class that morning - it was starting to clean up nicely right when I had to leave.  Still, so glad for these pictures and the memories :)


Comments

Anja said…
Wow, those waves look really good. You should have skipped class.
Thanks for sharing these pics! :)
Ryan said…
yeah Liz! This is sweet... I used to drive thru Gary all the time on the way to Chicago...

Popular Posts