inspired





This weekend my friend Stephanie and I saw "Nancy Newhall: A Literacy of Images" at the Museum of Photographic Arts. Wow! I left feeling so inspired; Newhall's photos were new to me and therefore really exciting. The show also included some classics such as Eliot Porter, Weston (both Brett and Edward), Lisette Model, Helen Levitt and Ansel Adams. I don't spend enough time looking back at to the history of photography, but this show served as an excellent reminder to pull those books off my shelves.

There was also a special bonus exhibt, "Picturing the Process: Landscape Through Time and Space" which included prints by some of my favorites: John Pfhal and Edward Burtynsky. Unfortunately, the Newhall portion of the exhibit is already down, but the landscapes will be up until the 1st. Go there now!

I shot several rolls of film and the images above are a few of the digital images. Film will be posted ASAP.

Comments

Popular Posts