Surfers

Ahoy hoy! Welcome to my blog. I hope to update it regularly with new images, and I also hope to get feedback from anyone who is willing to give it. I'm new to blogspot so I'm not sure if you can leave comments, but if not, please email any feedback to liz@lizcockrum.com.

I recently moved to San Diego county from Chicago to live my dream of surfing daily in a warm, sunny place. As a photographer, exploring my new surroundings with my camera is a must, and what better way to do it than to photograph something that I love just as much as pictures? Initially, my idea was simply to photograph anything and everything to do with surfing, but as I spent more time here, I realized I needed to focus the project. Here goes:



Women in surfing get so much less attention than men, but they are as much a part of the culture and lifestyle. This will be a means to bring attention to women in surfing, and meet some kick ass ladies! Strong women rule :)

These images are just the beginning, and so far I've been shooting everything with my 30D first, and then with the Hasselblad- I haven't processed the film yet, but I am almost positive those images are much stronger. These will serve as my proofs for the time being. What do you think?

Comments

Unknown said…
I think this is a great idea for a project. It really captures the spirit of San Diego. I myself am a new surfer and well... female. CHICK SURFERS RULE! :-)
TheBeatnikMick said…
Hey, great to see some new stuff, awesome idea for a documentary piece or a news feature...
Unknown said…
Great project to reveal and introduce these adventurous women to the rest of the world. Look forward to more pictures for inspiration and women to be admired.
Anonymous said…
Way to go Sista!!! It is great to see you doing work again! And KEEP IT UP!!!!

Popular Posts